Thursday, March 25, 2010
I'm not in the habit of using my blog to complain, but this morning I just can't help it! It's only 8.16 am and this is what I have done so far:
- Got up at 6.00 am despite Charlie waking me about 7 times in the night;
- Discovered I'd forgotten to make bread last night had to think of something for 5 lunchboxes.Hmmm....Bacon and cheese wholemeal muffins for lunch and chocolate muffins for morning tea.A bit carb heavy, but it'll have to do;
- Made Charlie's breakfast, which he promptly spread all over the table, highchair and floor;
- Cleaned up Charlie's breakfast;
- Argued with the eldest son about his life choices (really too early in the day for that!);
- Packed Callum (18 years old!) lunch;
- Packed Mike's lunch (49 years old!);
- Ironed Mike's workshirt;
- Sent the 4 oldest off with a sigh...Peace at last;
- Dressed a wriggling, squirming 19 month old;
- Put the nappies in the dryer;
- Brought the laundry up from the dryer;
- Drove Freya to the bus stop.
You know, I mostly love my job.People marvel at the fact that I have five children, but honestly I don't feel it is a big deal, and I truly love it.I feel priveliged and fulfilled being a mum. But the housework...I could give that a big miss!
Any advice on how to lessen the load in terms of housework, I'll take it!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
February's small change is going really well. I only use one disposible nappy a day, at night. The new nappies,Baby Beehinds [http://www.babybeehinds.com.au/store/pc/Cloth-Nappies-c2.htm] are the best I have used to date.I really wish I'd bought them from the start, but I have to admit that I found the price a bit too high.Now I see why it would have been worth spending a little more, the nappies are such high quality, fit so well, and are a pleasure to use.
No, the company isn't paying me! It's just so nice to have found a product that is worth the cost, and does the job so well!
So now that I have the February change licked, what's next ( a little late I know!March is almost half way through)? The change isn't really a change, but rather something I've been trying to do for a while.And it is a kind of reusing, recycling.
I thought it might be a good idea to use up the fabric scraps and lovely shirts/clothing I no longer wear to make a quilt for my bed.
So, I gathered all my linen and cotton clothing I no longer wear(my tastes and needs have changed) and started cutting them into squares, using an envelope as my template! I have started to sew the patches together, but it is a long way from finished. I'll post a couple of pictures to show the progress.