Monday, February 15, 2010

Yoga Bliss

Last night I went to my second yoga class for the year.I am so glad I have made the commitment to go to the class, as I found it so hard to go regularly last year. I made it a resolution for this year, and it is one I want to continue. I come out of the class feeling inches taller, feeling totally relaxed and energised.

My teacher, Tarsha, is amazing. She is gentle and gives very clear explanations about the poses, the health benefits, and the alternative poses. I learn so much from her, and I love the slow pace of the class. Other classes I have attended didn't feel as gentle and healing.

She has been teaching us about the "chakras". Here is a brief description:

The spine and the human energy field contain chakras, or energy centers, that vibrate at different frequencies. Each chakra presents us with the opportunity to establish a root relationship and to satisfy a deep soul desire. Each frequency holds the gift of a certain power, which enhances our human experience on Planet Earth. As we tune into this power, we are internally empowered to deal with the specific life challenges of that energy center or chakra and as a consequence to live more whole, meaningful and fulfilling lives.(from http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/chakramain.html)

So far we have concentrated on the Root Chakra and the Sacral Chakra.
The Base or Root Chakra located at the very bottom of the spine, the Root Chakra governs issues around physical self-preservation. These issues include survival, security and safety, as well as primal erotic and procreational urges.

This chakra is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the earth energies and empower our being.


The tasks of the second chakra include allowing for emotional and sensual movement in our life, opening to pleasure, and learning how to "go with the flow." Associated with the hips, sacrum, lower back, genitals, womb, bladder, and kidneys, this chakra is involved with sensuality, sexuality, emotions, intimacy, and desire. All watery things about us have to do with this chakra: circulation, urination, menstruation, orgasm, tears. Water flows, moves, and changes, and a healthy second chakra allows us to do so too.

I find it all very interesting and I loved doing the colour visualisations during the meditation. We had a whole 20 minutes of relaxation/meditation. Bliss!

I cannot tell you how wonderful yoga is.Honestly, it really is that good! So if you want to relax,strengthen your body, feel bliss, give it a go...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment