Friday, January 28, 2011

Holidays almost over

The holidays are almost over. It's not that I have to go back to work, but Michael will on Monday, and the children on Wednesday, and that will be really difficult for little Charlie, who loves having all the action around him. It will be just us and it will take some adjusting.

It also means I have less freedom to come and go. I actually did a road trip with my little sister last weekend. It is the first time I've been away from Charlie and it marks a new chapter for us, as he is now weaned! Amazing and, so much easier than I anticipated. It has been relatively tear free. I told him I left "Boozey" in Perth and he seems to have accepted it!

So why the Amazon book link? I thought I'd just show you what I've been reading on holiday.

This gorgeous embroidery book - is lovely, simple and inspiring. I saw it and bought it for my mum's birthday, but after having a look inside, might have to keep it for myself. I do love the idea of embroidery - a lost art really, but don't do much. I had great plans to make Charlie lovely little cotton collared shirts with bits of embroidery...alas, it is yet to happen. But now I have inspiration, so I'll have to give it a go.

Stay tuned...

I've also been reading this book. After the miscarriage I decided it was a chance to drop some kilos, as I'm carrying more than my fair share. I do like Dr Oz's approach as he really details all the science in a readable way, as well as making useful suggestions. I'm pleased to say I have lost 1.5 kilos or thereabouts, and feel like I can keep going. I'm making small changes - trying to be more active, and eating less refined carbohydrates (read: comfort food). It's time to take comfort elsewhere. Perhaps a bit of embroidery will keep my hands busy...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment