Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Parenting a Toddler....




....is proving a challenge!

Charlie is funny, beautiful, delightful, but also mischievous,whiny,clingy,naughty and hard work!

I don't remember the others giving me so much trouble! However, it has been a while, and where babies are concerned I think the mind selects the best memories!

I certainly don't recall the others climbing as much as Charlie does. Nor do I remember them hitting, screeching at the top of his lungs, over and over again, pinching my nipples when he breastfeeds, throwing all manner of objects and spitting!

I'm now trying to cut down the breastfeeding as he has started to demand it all day, everyday, and has started to lift my shirt whenever I try to take a break and sit still for a moment. He loves to nurse(feed), so it is proving a challenge.

We are experiencing many great new things too. He loves to sing along, has an infectious laugh and is learning new words all the time.

It's a learning curve for all of us, despite having parented four children before him over a period of 18 years!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sounds like you got your hands full with this little man of yours! Thank God he's so darn cute, that always makes it a little easier! Let's hope it's just a temporary phase and you catch some relief soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete