Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter, Sans Chocolate

 Chocolate eggs were hidden in the garden, the driftwood and the sculptures.
 Even Buddha had an egg to give...
 Children, large and small, hunted for eggs.
 The most excitement was experienced by little Charlie, which made it much fun.
Then we took the stash inside, and I was asked about 15 times,"Can I have another egg?"

So, although the title says "sans" chocolate, the family still enjoyed chocolate eggs. However I didn't have a single egg, square of chocolate or chocolate substitute. I thought I might have to make something chocolaty with dextrose to get me through the day, but I didn't get to it, and honestly didn't feel like I had to. I had made some delicious cheesy biscuits the day before, which I enjoyed with my cup of tea. I'm sorry I don't have a recipe, it was all guesstimating. I threw  some butter and gluten free flour into the food processor, added some grated tasty and Parmesan cheeses, salt and paprika and some dried herbs. It made a lovely dough which I then rolled into balls and flattened with a fork.They took about 20 minutes to bake. Yum!

I'm sure a recipe could easily be found on the net.

We had a quiet day to celebrate Easter. Mike spent hours working in the garden, and I spent a couple of hours out there too. To my surprise I came face to face with a very beautiful carpet python in the garden shed. It gave me a bit of a fright, but they are so pretty, and thankfully not venomous, so best to leave it alone. I'll  have to go and check if it is still there and get a photo if it is.

We didn't do much else. Some years we'll do a special lunch, but yesterday we were happy to just take it easy.

How do you celebrate Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment