Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting back into handicrafts

Last weekend Freya and I spent some time together sewing. She was chuffed to have time with me and said"it is so nice having quality time with you mum".Makes it all worthwhile! She made this little bed with a mattress,pillows and quilt (note the co-sleeping mum and bub bears!). I made some covers for the big European pillows we use in the living room. I had this lovely brown and blue cotton that I had bought to make a maternity smock, which I never got around to, and it has made gorgeous covers.The blue matches the blue walls perfectly.
I also managed to make a little quilt for Charlie. Overall, we had a fruitful day, something I haven't had in a long time.


With the cooler weather I feel very inspired to knit. I bought this gorgeous green wool from The Wool Shack (http://www.thewoolshack.com/jo_sharp_yarns.htm?action=detail&title_replace=Jo+Sharp+Yarns&ID=794) in Asparagus. I am making the cutest little vest for Charlie from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms(http://www.thewoolshack.com/jo_sharp_yarns.htm?action=detail&title_replace=Jo+Sharp+Yarns&ID=794) also from the Wool Shack.It has been super quick to knit, I have nearly finished the back. I am feeling so inspired, I can't wait to make myself a jumper, and some little hats for Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment