Monday, February 23, 2009

Six Months Old Today


Our gorgeous boy is 6 months old today!Wow!Where did that go? It has been too fast!
Today we celebrated by catching up with a friend in town for a coffee ( I had tea), which was lovely. Her 4 year old daughter just loved being with Charlie, cuddling him, showing him toys.
It's been a lovely day, with Charlie much happier. I went to the health food shop and got some Weleda teething powder (it is homeopathic) and it seems to really help, or coincidentally, he is just feeling better.Whatever the case, I am really glad he is happier. It meant I was able to use up the old bananas and make muffins and banana bread, as well as cooking capsicums (peppers) to preserve them in olive oil.I also put on a big roast chicken, to help us celebrate Charlie's half-year mark.
It has been a truly wonderful six months.It has been hard work, but so worthwhile. I know it is a cliche, but I really feel he has brought joy into our lives.
Tomorrow I will phone the pool about starting baby swim classes, I can't wait, and I am planning on taking him to the library story time too.I love being a stay at home mum, it is the hardest, most rewarding occupation!

No comments:

Post a Comment