Monday, February 2, 2009

Just another day at the office

It hasn't been an easy one, with the boss (Charlie) giving the Manager (me) a hard time!Poor wee thing isn't too happy, so after a rough night we are having an equally rough day. I am putting it down to teething, as he is feeding all the time and is having a lot of runny nappies.It could be a growth spurt but I reckon the nappies indicates my earlier diagnosis, not to mention the whinging and wanting to be held.

Our day started too early at 5.30a.m, and I lay there whilst Charlie did his morning warbling, thinking about how nice it would be to have a "helper" who could come in, take the baby, let you sleep as long as you like, bring in a cuppa and the newspaper at about 8, get the kids off to school, all the while taking care of Charlie. Then I could get up, have a shower, for as long as I like, without interruption....Ah, dreams are made of this...

I don't for one second regret having Charlie in my life, and I know babies are a labour of love, but I can still fantasise!

Luckily for me, we caught a half hour nap this afternoon, so I feel okay.He is still grumpy, but I know he can't help it. So I'll give him cuddles, and worry about the housework, dinner and laundry later. It will still be there. Including all those yucky nappies! I am using cloth - hoping to save a bit of money, and perhaps not impact on the environment as much as with disposables.

Well, baby Grumpling is calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment