Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 3 of the Whole 30

I was looking for an image to use, but i just got myself into computer strife, however I found a really good discussion about The Paleo diet at this website:http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html.

It gives a comprehensive explanation.

So, Day 3 of the Whole 30, and I'm still on track! Hurray.

Breakfast was a small bowl of sliced strawberries topped with coconut flakes and chopped macadamia nuts, which I toasted in a teaspoon of coconut oil. Delicious! And the kitchen smelt amazing. I did miss my creamy yogurt, but I'll just give it a go and see how I feel after the whole 30.

I went to acupuncture in the morning, and came home feeling very relaxed and hungry. We ate the leftovers from last night's dinner, which were delicious all over again!

For dinner I made a favourite family dish of lamb, potatoes and tomatoes. I didn't eat the potatoes, but I did put some sweet potatoes in the dish and ate those. It was served with broccoli.
Here's the recipe, which I got from a book called :Feeding The Bump by Lisa Neal. It has some great recipes in it, though it isn't a "Paleo" cookbook. (And, no, I'm not feeding a bump right now). I cooked double the recipe.

Rosemary, Lamb and Tomato Bake:

4 potatoes or 2 large sweet potatoes (I used both)
1 red onion, quartered
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes,halved
2 Tbs fresh rosemary,chopped
400 g lamb chops

Dressing:
2 Tbs olive oil (I use a Paleo friendly oil like lamb tallow or macadamia oil)
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
Wash and cut potatoes into 3cm thick pieces.
Bring a medium(large if you are doubling the recipe)saucepan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender.
Prepare onions,tomatoes and rosemary.
Heat the baking dish or tray for 5 minutes in the oven.
Brown the lamb chops in the fry pan.
Place everything in the baking dish and pour over the dressing. Mix and coat all the ingredients in the dressing. 
Bake for about 15 - 30 minutes. The recipe says 15 minutes, but Ia found it took more like 30.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment